[Jacob-list] Locker Lamb

Bill Hyslip slipclan at mindspring.com
Sat Nov 4 19:10:28 EST 2006

Hi all!

Well, I've just completed my first year as a Jacob Sheep breeder.  It's been an awesome experience the whole way and I'm ready for another great year.  My ewes are all bred for this Spring with the exception of a couple of ewe lambs that I'm holding out until next fall.  I also have 3 ewe lambs that I want to market as locker lamb.  How do you guys go about doing this?  Do you butcher yourself?  Do you sell live weight plus the cost of commercial processing?  I'd sure like to benefit from someone else's trials and errors, so any advise would sure be welcome!

Thanks in advance

Bill Hyslip
Mountain Memories Farm
www.mtn-memories.com