[Jacob-list] Breeding age

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Fri May 26 11:28:48 EDT 2006

>It's also hard to predict how that ram will turn out--they can change so
much as they're growing. I think it's a good idea to buy an >adult ram that
is already registered. You also have a better idea of what you're getting
when you can see the ram at maturity.
>Robin
========
This is certainly true.  I bred my ram lamb at 7-months of age last year.
This year I have noticed a change.  He developed a very noticeable "roman
nose", more prominent than my older ram.  The two rams are totally
unrelated.  The little ram lamb was from registered parents without the
large proboscis.  I figured, "what could go wrong"?  Well, plenty!  He
doesn't look at all like he did last year.
Cathy
Moscow, Idaho