[Jacob-list] Breeding age

Neal and Louise Grose nlgrose at yadtel.net
Fri May 26 09:19:49 EDT 2006

Generally speaking, ewes that are under-sized will not breed at 6 months of
age. We don't separate young ones, but use a limited breeding season. In
order to have ewes lamb as yearlings, you generally have to breed them at 8
months.

Except for Finns and their crosses which will breed as soon as they are
weaned and have tripplets. Well, not quite. Almost.

Neal