[Jacob-list] dung seeding

Gillian Fuqua gillianfuqua at adelphia.net
Thu May 25 20:27:00 EDT 2006

I don't know how well it would work because I never seem to have much
growing in the sheep poop pile.  The horse manure piles that I have
known and loved are always full of vegetation.  I would think that if
feeding the grass seed were truly effective, our manure piles would
be much more full of plants.  My girls eat plenty of wild grass seed
in the fall.

As for breeding young ewes, that is one of those hot button
questions.  I don't do it, the ewes are not fully grown and I worry
about the effects of pregnancy on growing bodies.  But I also know of
follks who have done it.