[Jacob-list] breeding age

Peaceful Valley Farm pvfarm at catt.com
Thu May 25 22:26:12 EDT 2006

We wait a year with our ewes.  A friend of ours didn't wait a year with some of hers last year, and things did not go well...
(As to the thing about ewes being bred before a year old, versus ewes being bred after they are a year old, I think it's the other way around, but I could be wrong.  We bred two ewes who we waited a year on, and both had twins.)

Our first ram that we had (and still have, although he's going to a new home soon) was under a year old when we bred him, and we had no problems.  Also, we used his son when he was under a year old, and had no problems.
Matthew
Peaceful Valley Farm
Ringgold, GA
www.peacefulvalleyfarm.com