[Jacob-list] Re: Lamb diarrhea

ACAMDA at aol.com ACAMDA at aol.com
Wed May 17 08:52:16 EDT 2006

Thanks to all of you who responded on my lamb diarrhea question.  He does
have coccidia, and we are picking up Corid from the vet today.  She also
mentioned something that we could put in the water since all the little lambs probably
have it as well, but she didn't know specifics (I'm dealing with senior vet
school students, so they don't always know the answer immediately).

My question now is: Over the past several days he has been getting better
(today he was jumping and running when I put them down in the lower pasture), so
is this parasite self-limiting?  Assuming he didn't succumb to dehydration,
would he have gotten well on his own?  The only thing we did was de-worm with
ivermectin.

Kathey

"A righteous man cares for the needs of his animals." Proverbs 12:10a