[Jacob-list] Jacob Sheep on Petfinder

Penelope pcj at efn.org
Thu May 11 21:11:08 EDT 2006

At 20:50 5/10/2006, Punkin's Mom wrote:
>Was perusing petfinder.com and found 2 rescued Jacobs looking for a
>home.  I think this link will work, but if not, they are listed
>under "barn yard" animals.  They are in WA.
>
><http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=5681940>http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=5681940

The link worked for me.  The one on the left in all three pictures
appears to have forward tipping horns and wool forward of his horns,
no wonder he was weathered.  The one on his right has ok upright
horns, but I can't see a sign of his side horns at all.  I'd say they
were culls, unless the wool is really exceptional, for a knitters
flock, I find it pretty funny that they're available as rescues for
$100 each.

We sold a few at auction recently, but none that age, or of those
markings, thank goodness.  :-)

--
Penelope Jacob -- ornery, spirited, outspoken & opinionated.
pcj at efn.org or penelope at dreamsandbones.net
www.dreamsandbones.net/blog
keeping Jacob Sheep (with horns, of course, and undocked tails) since 1999
keeping dairy goats (with horns) since 1994

Stonering flock and herd