[Jacob-list] MD Sheep and Wool

Mary Hansson buffgeese at yahoo.com
Tue May 9 06:44:08 EDT 2006

Hi,

  I went this time with oldest son (15 years).  Caught up with Linda B first thing on Saturday.  The place was just over-crowded on Saturday, but a bit better Sunday afternoon.  There were a number of Jacob breeders, and I got a chance to say "hi" to a few along the way.

  We came home with German angoras.  This time, for Ian.  He has been pestering me for years, and so I finally relented last fall and promised if he was THAT interested in rabbits yet this spring, I would help him get started.

  We also did a bit of sightseeing in the area (Antietam and DC Mall area) and simply had a good weekend.

  We got home late Sunday evening to hear that all was well at the farm.  Went out Monday morning and found one of my old girls standing alone out in the far end of the pasture.  I went out there and found something black underneath her-----a wee little crossbred ewe lamb dry and chirpy staying dry underneath mom's belly.

  Mary Ellen

linda <patchworkfibers at alltel.net> wrote:
          It was great to see so many Jacobs there and to visit with Jacob breeders!  I didn't go to buy anything (fiber or sheep), but did come home lusting after a lovely ewe and a stylish ram.