[Jacob-list] nifty tool

Gillian Fuqua gillianfuqua at adelphia.net
Thu Mar 30 19:27:41 EST 2006

First on the maple sap, I live in VT in maple land and have never
heard of giving livestock the sap. (perhaps because you don't make
any money that way)  Anyhow, what I did when I had a very sick blue
faced leicester was to give him  water with molasses in it.  I hope
that the sick ewes recover, it seems like there is a lot of sickness
out there this spring.
	My shearer came last weekend and had a really nifty tool.  It was a
pair of Fiskar's loppers with handles that were about a foot long.
My ram's horn curls into his face so I have to trim it.  Andy pulled
out those loppers and chopped the tip right off, they went like a hot
knife through butter.
	I am still  waiting for lambs here.  I like all of the links you
guys put up for photos, they certainly cheer me up during March which
is very dreary here.

Gillian