[Jacob-list] weaning

CARL FOSBRINK carlfosbrink at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 30 12:52:43 EST 2006

Hello Bill,
      We do not wean our Jacob lambs until they are 4 months old At that time we separate the ram lambs and put them in the ram pen. We leave the ewe lambs with their mothers, unless sold, until breeding season. This works well for us.
  Carl & Judy Fosbrink
  Seymour, Indiana

Bill Hyslip <slipclan at mindspring.com> wrote:
      Hi guys!

  I'm one birth away from finishing my first ever lambing season.  It's been awesome!  So far I have 3 sets of twin ewes, a single ewe and a single ram.  I know I'm getting out ahead of myself here, but I'm curious as to when to wean Jacob's, and how to wean, i.e. drying up the ewe etc....  The information in the books that I have seems a bit ambiguous in respect to this subject.  Maybe the authors assume this to be common knowledge.  In any event, any input would be greatly appreciated.

  Thanks,

  Bill Hyslip
  Mountain Memories Farm