[Jacob-list] not acting right! ohoh

Penelope pcj at efn.org
Tue Mar 28 17:25:49 EST 2006

Sometime around 13:45 3/28/2006, Tom and Judy Riddolls typed:

>They are 4 years old and 4 months pregnant. i've only had them 4 months.
>They got into the maple sap buckets a few days ago, and since our
>water smells bad i have given them a couple of litres of fresh sap
>the last two.
>One ewe is skinny so I have been told a few extra calories can't be bad.
>The sap is definitely fresh, not even hours old.
>

>I'm worried! any ideas? The thinner one seems to be worse.
>Tom

Entotoxima comes to mind, though not for any reason I can document
(and I have the flu and am on meds that say they will make me loopy,
so that doesn't help any!), and or general pregnancy toxima.  Too
much sugar and not enough protein would screw with a pregnant woman,
but I'm not so sure about a sheep.  We dosed several does (I don't
think we had any down ewes last year, or maybe ever... but we never
had bummers until this year, first time for everything!) last year
with something called propylene glycol.  We used it specifically on
pregnant does who were down or doing poorly.  We got it from the vets
-- check with them and see -- our vet's front staff had never heard
of it, have them take a message for the vet him/her self, and hell
talk to the vet anyway about what's up with the ewes.

good luck!

--
"...Shine my life like a light..." (the indigo girls)
Penelope Jacob pcj at efn.org  penelope at dreamsandbones.net

The circle is open but unbroken.

http://www.dreamsandbones.net/blog