[Jacob-list] Re: HELP! Springtime Problems...Update

Christopher Brantley labradorridgejacobs at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 26 12:26:27 EST 2006

just a quick note to let you guys know what's going on with our lambing season around here...

This weekend we've about 14" of new snow. Naturally, Three ewes (so far) have decided to throw this weekend. Three of the five lambs appear to be doing well, the other two are just about an hour old now and they appear to be doing well.

  All the chemistry on the other lambs appeared normal, cultures for bacterial and viral infections are still pending. Other than the one with under-developed lung tissues the tissue samples all were given clean bills of health as well with only a couple of special stains pending. Appears it may be an infection aggrevated by our odd weather around here this spring. (68 degrees, F last week to a high of 29 degrees F at the farm today)

  I appreciate all the notes with good advice and suggestions from you guys. While Merk's and all the other resources that are bedside, my most valuable resource with livestock are other folks who work with them also. Thanks for being there and helping with advice and encouragement.

  -Christopher