[Jacob-list] How and when to dock lambs tails

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Wed Mar 15 16:33:13 EST 2006

After the lamb is born is a good time :-)  I'm sorry - I'm not being rude.  I just read your "when to dock" subject and "ready to lamb" and an odd picture came to mind.  I am easily amused.

I quit docking a few years (although did dock a couple this year thinking I might show them at SAFF).  I use an elastrator.  All the books I read when I first got sheep said to dock at 9 days, but I've found that docking at 1 or 2 days is the least traumatic for the lambs.  They never even seem to notice at that age.

Linda

www.patchworkfibers.com