[Jacob-list] Dogs and sheep

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Wed Mar 15 09:09:10 EST 2006

Excellent point, Matthew. I certainly would not expect a flock of sheep, of any breed, to be able to defend itself against a dog.  Any dog.  Sure, some dogs, no matter the size will be intimidated by being butted by a sheep, but other dogs, also no matter the size, will just latch on.  Sheep have been run to death by dogs the size of Jack Russells and torn apart by 50 lb dogs.  Your sheep may be able to physiologically intimidate a certain dog at a certain time, but when/if the dog strikes back, I doubt your sheep is going to win.

Some dogs are just very gentle.  My Danes always have been.

Linda

www.patchworkfibers.com

 SO never undersestimate a single dog.  It all