[Jacob-list] goring and wild

Victoria da Roza castlerockjacobs at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 14 22:53:07 EST 2006

Cannot tell you how many times our ram added to our
massive bruise/scar score.  I think of that everytime
I glance at his head on the wall :-)We have a much
calmer new ram so far this year.
   As for Jacobs being wild?  We spend time with ours
and they stand on the fence when we are nearby and
they nibble our hair when we sit in chairs close to
them.  They all wear collars and bells and gather
around me when I am doing anything with them.  We have
a small flock but recently sold 2 ewes to an animal
education farm where they let the kids come in and pet
them when they are learning about fibers.  They are
working out great for them.  So as with all animals I
think it is what you want from them, how many your
dealing with and the time you have to put in.
Obviously, we, being retired, have the time and also a
small herd and can do this with ours.  I find the ewes
very sweet.  Victoria

Victoria
Castle Rock Farm
Jacob Sheep & Nigerian Dwarf Goats