[Jacob-list] cleaning dirty fleece

Robin Lynde rlynde at onramp113.org
Mon Mar 6 13:03:32 EST 2006

Linda mentioned the idea about combing to salvage this wool. I agree with that. But once there is VM in the wool it is tough to deal with.
To speak to the management issues:
For the couple of months prior to shearing this year I separated the llama and the goats from the sheep. They are notorious for dribbling hay all over the backs of the sheep.
I also locked the sheep out of the area while I filled the hay racks.
Also, I have boards in the feeders so that most of the hay rests on the boards and the sheep pull the hay out from the lower 8 (or so) inches.

Robin Lynde
Meridian Jacobs
Vacaville, CA
www.meridianjacobs.com