[Jacob-list] shearing!

Tom and Judy Riddolls grey_wethers_farm at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 30 15:58:11 EDT 2006

do it yourself!

i was on here a few weeks ago asking how to shear and everyone told me just
to try good hand shears as i was ready to buy some electric ones.  try it
yourself! it was actually easy and took about 30 minutes a ewe. put my
goat's collar on her and tied her to a post. the only problem was the lambs
stood about 10 feet a way and screamed at me.

i bought some new 20 dollars fiskars and all went well, i left the belly
wool one one as it was too thick but it has started to shed already.

come to think of it, my one girl had begun to shed a month ago, i assume
they do they once a year naturally?

tom