[Jacob-list] Lamb down

Joseph Laughlin phl2jdl at msn.com
Mon Jun 19 13:29:23 EDT 2006

Sorry, just got on the computer.  Hope the lamb is responding.  One of my 'sheep' books says acidosis may be a culprit in bringing on polio.  Also, could it be hypoglycemic shock? The same book describes symptoms of a down lamb, neck stretched and head thrown back, thrashing or paddling, for hypoglycemic shock but in connection with a very young, chilled lamb. The book mentions dextrose and Vit. B as treatments. Jo Ann Laughlin