[Jacob-list] shearing with fiskers

Tom and Judy Riddolls grey_wethers_farm at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 13 11:01:36 EDT 2006

so i biught myself a nice pair of fiskers from the sewing store and had a go
just now at one ewe, no cuts and not a bad job really, left it a bit thick
around the armpits and some places on her rear were the wool was so dense
and matted that the scissors would not penetrate.  but here's the thing, now
her two lambs don't know what i did with mom.  They stand around screaming
bloody murder and mom, in her new summer coat is loving it out in the sun
for once.  I assume they will understand that that skinny newcomer is
actually mom?

I did the stand-up tied to a post method, a bit traumatic getting her tied
up but fine in the end.  thanks to everyone who gave their shearing advice!
tom