[Jacob-list] ALBC website

gordon johnston gordon at westergladstone.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Jun 8 11:15:57 EDT 2006

The top picture of the huge two horned ram is typical of what you find in England these days. The pictures of Fred Horak's four horned sheep are more like the thing. Surprisingly, there are still a few old-type primitive jacobs in Scotland if you know where to look, but precious few. It's a sad fact that there has been a conscious move to make UK jacobs a 'commercial' sheep with intensive breeding for size. Do not ask me why. What I see at the shows now fills me with sadness and explains why I have switched to Hebrideans which have yet to be ruined...

Gordon.