[Jacob-list] now its swollen knees!

Hobsickle at aol.com Hobsickle at aol.com
Wed Jul 26 04:26:27 EDT 2006

Milkweed IS toxic, it takes 2-3 oz. of green vegetation to kill an  average
sized sheep--about the only thing I've heard of that can eat it is  Monarch
Butterfly larvae.  Milkweed supposedly tastes so bad that  "normal" animals won't
eat it unless they don't have a choice.

Poison ivy, on the other hand, can be eaten with no ill affects by  about all
grazing animals.  Sheep relish it!  I got my first 3 Jacob  Sheep to get rid
of the poison ivy on a slope behind my house, then I was going  to get rid of
them.  The sheep grew on me, and the poison ivy doesn't grow  on the slope.

-Dan