[Jacob-list] newborn gurgling while breathing

Nicolekraght at aol.com Nicolekraght at aol.com
Sun Feb 26 13:10:48 EST 2006

We found a new baby this morning, she was born in the night sometime, she was
all dried off and seemed to be healthy with the exception of the gurling
sound when she breathes and being lethargic, it seems as though she is tired and
doesn't have any motivation to move around and nurse...what should we do for
her? Is the breathing a sign that she has fluid in her lungs and she won't make
it, or can we help in some way? I tried sucking the fluid out with an
aspirator and it didn't do anything. So now we are seeking some advice to save her, or
to at least end the suffering. Thanks