[Jacob-list] sheep buddies

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Wed Feb 15 10:06:31 EST 2006

Two of my ewes have recently become "scratch buddies" , for lack of a better term.  I noticed Shamrock and Octavia standing with their heads together often during the day.  I finally watched long enough to see what they were doing.  Octavia lowers her head and holds it still while Shamrock uses Octavia's horns to scratch all those places on her head she can't reach herself.  Then Shamrock lowers her head and Octavia scratches her head using Shamrock's horns. I thought it was pretty inventive of them.

Linda

www.patchworkfibers.com