[Jacob-list] Hay issue

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Sat Dec 16 16:50:33 EST 2006

That's a thought for next year. Thanks for the tip.

We're currently thinking about seeing if we can use round bales efficiently. Round bales are more plentiful than square bales most years and are cheaper per pound (if you don't waste 1/2 the bale). Does anyone have experience with the round bale feeders?

Silage isn't available here. I've checked into Chaffhay, but it doesn't seem to be available anywhere nearby.

$17 for a square bale? Must be alfalfa? I just found a source today for Bermuda at $4.50/bale from a feed store and I'm going back with the truck next week for more.

Linda

www.patchworkfibers.com