[Jacob-list] hay extender

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Thu Dec 14 17:04:02 EST 2006

It looks like hay is going to be terribly scarce this year. What are thoughts on feeds to stretch out the hay supply? I am currently using alfalfa pellets and whole corn, mixed half and half. My ewes are in early gestation - from 1 to 2 months along. I understand that energy is more important at this stage than protein. I'll also be putting out the Blue Seal tubs as soon as the new dealer gets them the end of this week.

Any suggestions on hay extenders and/or substitutes?

Linda

www.patchworkfibers.com