[Jacob-list] milkweed, any others?

Meg Steensland beegal7 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 4 20:24:05 EDT 2006

A Jacob breeder in Utica OH had a bad experiece buying hay with  nightshade and later found it in the pasture too - had to pull it and  burn it.  Had to treat the affected sheep with a liver  supplement.  I think my lama got into some in June and I had to  take him to the vet 2 counties away to get system flushed - he is OK  now.  Wild cherry leaves that fall into the pasture and then  wither are poisonous too.  Had some trees cut down that were too  close to the barn.

fayg at mebtel.net wrote:  Tom,

Mine eat poke berry .... tall leafy, hallucinogenic, purple berries ... funny,
silly creatures have purple draining down their chins. No ill effects observed.

I have a few that seem to enjoy the bull thistle ... for the life of me I cant
figure that one out ...

I am poisioning and digging that out as most of the sheep won't touch the stuff!

Gary

Quoting Tom and Judy Riddolls :