[Jacob-list] USDA Program

Mary Spahr spahrfarm at dragonbbs.com
Thu Sep 29 10:51:05 EDT 2005

This message will be brief - have an appointment this afternoon, more later.

A word of caution about corporate ag:  We have been facing the prospect of a 2,100 cow mega dairy in our township for almost 2 years.  The dairy development company is suing our township over a new zoning amendment which was adopted to regain local control from the state rules we are forced to follow.

Farm Bureau is 100% behind corporate ag and weilds much power in D.C.  As small family farmers, I feel that our rural lifestyle is being threatened.  We cannot compete with corporate ag.  Hold tightly onto your rights and don't let your guard down.

Mary Spahr