[Jacob-list] Gaurd Animals

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Sun Oct 30 21:04:56 EST 2005

My personal preference for a gUArd animal is a donkey.  They can eat the same diet, are lots of fun, and quite personable.  The undercoat does spun up nicely, but certainly can't compete with llama fiber for volume.  When I was younger (much younger!) one of our family donkeys, Sugarfoot - age 32 years - successfully fought off a Florida Panther.  Sugarfoot needed 100 + stitches, but the panther was found dead the next day in the neighbor's pasture.

Linda

www.patchworkfibers.com