[Jacob-list] Jacob sheep in moose shop

Susan J Martin stcroft at ptd.net
Sun Oct 23 20:54:36 EDT 2005

On Saturday my husband and I were in Freeport, Maine and we happened to wander into a shop across from L.L. Bean called "The Mangy Moose" -- and hanging high on their wall was the head of a Jacob sheep, obviously for sale although we couldn't read the price.  It was a four horned sheep with "melting candle" upright horns, which were curving down in front of the eyes and nearly touching the nose.  This shop specialized in campy, north woods type merchandise with an emphasis on moose -- how this poor Jacob sheep ended up there is still puzzling us!!!!

Sue Martin

Stonecroft Manor
"The meadows are clothed with flocks of sheep...They all shout and sing for joy!"
Psa. 65:13