[Jacob-list] two horned rams

Paintedrockfarm at aol.com Paintedrockfarm at aol.com
Tue Oct 18 07:51:55 EDT 2005

Just my experience...

I have a 2 horned ram who has produced 99% 4 horned off spring REGARDLESS  of
the ewe horn number.  He is a straight two horn (meaning no fused  horns), a
very wide horn set with good mass.  I only know of one two  horned off spring
he has produced over the past few years and was bred to  numerous 2 horned
ewes -- still producing very nice 4 horn sets in both ewe and  ram lambs.  The
two horned ram he sired had his wide horn set and  is one of the widest horn
sets I've seen.  He wasn't always at  our farm so I'm unsure of his history
before then but, for the past 3 years has  only produced 1 two horn lamb.

Interesting, to say the least!  I can update this posting next spring  when
his next set of lambs arrive.
Mike  & Cheryl Terrano
_Painted  Rock Farm_ (http://members.aol.com/paintedrockfarm)
Route 4 Box 726
Buckhannon, WV  26201-9205
(304) 457-6620
_paintedrockfarm at aol.com_ (http://paintedrockfarm@aol.com/)
Breeders of Registered Jacob Sheep & French Angora  Rabbits