[Jacob-list] Winter Project

Hobsickle at aol.com Hobsickle at aol.com
Mon Oct 17 06:15:14 EDT 2005

Hi All-

I'm planning on a project for this winter and need your help.   I'd like to
do a microscopic examination of several different shades of Jacob  wool
(especially non-black), and I need samples!  If any of you wouldn't  mind helping by
sending me samples of your sheep's wool I'd appreciate it.

I hope to examine and photograph samples, looking particularly for
melanocyte distribution and melanin distribution in the wool.  Over  time, I hope to
build "pedigrees" with this data to look for inherited  similarities.  If I get
really ambitious, I may do some chemical  analysis.

If you're willing to participate, please send half-fist sized samples to my
address listed in the JSBA directory.  Please label them with the sheep's
JSBA or JSC number so that I can trace pedigrees.  If you don't have a JSBA
directory please contact me off the list.

All help appreciated!

-Dan Carpenter