[Jacob-list] 4 Horned vs 2 Horns

Neal and Louise Grose nlgrose at yadtel.net
Fri Oct 14 05:17:40 EDT 2005

In rams with completely fused horns, we see somewhat heavier horn mass than with 2-horned rams; however, there is typically less than twice as much mass. My experience is that these rams tend to sire nice horn symmetry.

I would have declared (based on our flock) that you should never have SUED in a sheep with fused horns and that SUED was worse with horns farther apart; but, I have had that shot down. There is always an exception somewhere.

Neal Grose