[Jacob-list] a question from my other list please help

Neeets at netscape.net Neeets at netscape.net
Mon Oct 3 22:22:54 EDT 2005

I bought DH a 2 - 3 month old Barbadoe wether.  Reason ?  He had  one as a
pet and he passed away about 3 years ago and DH wanted another  one.  We used to
raise them...
( am aware of the copper problem with sheep )

Anyway - when I picked him up the breeder ( real smart ) told me she did  not
believe in worming or giving any shots.  The animals were just for  butcher
and her vet said it was not needed " Haired sheep do not ever need to be
wormed ! "  I can understand not worming the lambs as she hopes to sell  them for
meat and why put money and time into them .   She does not  worm or give even
the CDT shot to her breeding stock either !  Oh  well..........

My question is, he is extremely wormy, I gave him Valbazen last night and  #1
of the CDT shots.  I am starting him on B complex today.  Since  most of the
medications I have are for sick goats I cannot give  him Nutra Drench or
Magic, etc...  ( have to watch the copper )  Any other suggestion as to building
him up ?

May I give him an iron supplement ?  Like the iron vitamin pill for  people ?

Thank you for any suggestions.

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.