[Jacob-list] Lone ram

Gillian Fuqua gillianfuqua at adelphia.net
Thu Nov 24 18:19:11 EST 2005

	Well, a mixed Thanksgiving here.  I got the turkey in the oven in
record time only to go up to the barn and find that my Blue Faced
Leicester wether had died.
He had been in shaky health so I am not entirely surprised.  Now my
Jacob ram is all by himself.  Will this affect his temperment?  He can
see the girls from his paddock, if they are on the right side of
theirs.  I really am not sure I want to go eunuch hunting this time of
year but if it would be better for the boy, I will.  I have a gut sense
that I should get him a companion but am hoping that is not necessarily
so..... I also am not sure I am ever going to leave the primitives
again.  If I want a white fleece, I may just buy one.
	On a positive note, I followed the advice of some articles I have been
reading and brined my turkey before roasting and came out with the best
tasting, moistest bird I have ever made.