[Jacob-list] mulch and compost

Gillian Fuqua gillianfuqua at adelphia.net
Mon May 2 18:36:05 EDT 2005

	I have composted some wool but it does take a while to break down.
What I save my skirting waste for is mulch.  I mulched some mini roses
with it and they made it through the winter.  I have also put it on my
garlic bed over the winter.  One note on using it as a mulch, be
willing to have some wool tendrils in your plants....
	Folks up here were trying to figure out how to market a wool mesh
mulch to combat demon plastic.  I thought that their idea was good but
not cost effective.
	At any rate, I just spread around my poopy fleece as mulch for the
winter or for cover for heavy feeders.
	I apologize for this being somewhat rambling, heavy 8 year old drama
going on as I try to get this done!

Gillian