[Jacob-list] Opinions on Pat Green Supercard?

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Sun May 1 07:13:58 EDT 2005

A picker will not shred your fleeces if they are strong fleeces.  I do have a PG picker and it has its uses. I don't like it on very crimpy fleeces.  The springiness of the locks makes the locks tend to stretch out and snap back, forming neps.  Some Jacob fleeces are abit tippy.  If you can flick the tip and it just opens, but nothing breaks, the picker will work well to open those.  But if the tip breaks off when you flick, it will break off in the picker, forming noils.  A picker does take out alot of vm.  Looking at Gilda's fleece sample, which is a nice open fleece without a lot of crimp,  I'd guess that a light picking would open the fleece up nicely.  With a motorized carder, you can also just flick the tips, without picking,  and feed the locks in pretty quickly.

Linda
Visit our new babies!
http://www.patchworkfibers.com/2005lambs.html