[Jacob-list] lamb count

Melody critterland at bendcable.com
Wed Mar 30 10:44:25 EST 2005

Well, I'm just starting lambing--in fact my first were born yesterday, more
than a week before I expected any. If she was bred the day I put the ram in,
she is still a week early. So far I'm 2 for 2--both were little ewe lambs,
and thank goodness she had them early because they were of good size!
another week and they would have been huge!  None of my other ewes look as
though labor is imminent, although a couple are starting to bag  up a bit,
so no more surprises this week (I think LOL).  And of course, these twins
have the nice round eye patches that I like,  and knee and hock patches--but
not all on the same lamb.
I need to get a new ram this year, one that will throw lambs that aren't
quite so dark.  I'm getting a bit too much color on the lambs.
Melody at CritterLand
Redmond OR