[Jacob-list] lamb concern

Ralene Mitschler ralenemitschler at direcway.com
Mon Mar 28 21:12:07 EST 2005

Hi all
My 2005 lambing season came to an end Saturday with a final tally of
four ram lambs and 3 ewe lambs from my four ewes.

Had one question for all of you:  my smallest ram lamb is not looking
quite right.  He is not as active as the others and today seems to be
standing 'hunched' with a tail 'twisted' to the side.   He can walk and
seems to be eating fine.   I can't quite find anything in my books that
fits.  I have felt his legs and hips and all seem fine and he doesn' t
seem to be in pain.  But compared to all the other lambs he ends up
laying down by himself quite a bit.  He can twitch his tail but tends
to hold it off to the side.

If he were a human I would think he had a stomach ache or needed
something like milk of magnesia...

any ideas?  He is about five days old now
Ralene

Ralene  Mitschler and Randall Morrison
Chicory Lane Farm
687 Oxford Ave.