[Jacob-list] first lambs

Purrfleece Farms pfarms at alltel.net
Sun Mar 13 18:08:49 EST 2005

I just came back from feeding the sheep and checking on the 6 lambs (4 are
ewes so far).  I have one that gets out of the jug and then momma gets out
and then a chicken lays an egg in the packed down hay while momma and baby
wander around the animal barn..  I went to get the egg and turned to see a
young ewe in the barn begging for food and right beside her was another
lamb. This is another ram and I have another ewe separating herself from the
flock so I wouldn't be surprised to see another one some time tomorrow.

You might remember that I lost two older ewes earlier this year and I lost a
third one while in China to get my 4th granddaughter..  I spoke to the vet
from China. They requested and I agreed to an autopsy.  It was a Calcium
deficiency.  Needless to say, they was a lot more mineral supplement added
to the feed immediately.

Rich

Purrfleece Farms