[Jacob-list] RE: re: horn issue/maggot solution

Susan Roenke oliveoyl_123 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 8 15:11:02 EDT 2005

We have done this successfully for about a year.  We put a little tea tree
oil and water in a spray bottle, and any time we see blood, we spray.  You
can even spray from a distance, makes it easier than catching them all!
Sue (and Marie)

>>>I have a new (for me) method of approaching maggots.  Tea tree oil.  One
of the rams has a crevice behind his horns where the skin got a little
soggy from all the rain we had (only thing I can think of) and attracted
some of the little buggers.  I put some tea tree oil in the area this
morning and they made a run for it as fast as their little wriggly selves
could go.  I was quite pleased as Samuel didn't seem to want to cooperate
with me cleaning them out.  In theory, the tea tree oil should also help
heal the skin area so that they are not tempted to return.  I will reapply
it this afternoon and for a couple of days and see how it goes.

Best,
Kelley