[Jacob-list] Pigs and sheep

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 7 12:25:26 EDT 2005

>Hi-
>I have "taken in" two pigs for a few months...and a friend told me she
>thought that it might present a potential health hazard to my sheep. They
>are not grazing or sleeping in same places, but definitely in close
>proximity.
>Anybody have comments?
>Thanks....
>Sara
-------------------
Hi Sara,
     Me too.  The lady I got them from has Jacob crosses and about 40
pot-bellied pigs.  Due to some fencing problems, they share some of the
same ground.  No problems that are apparent.   She took in some rescued
pigs, probably from University research.  She works as a research professor
at the Washington State U. Vet Teaching Hospital (i.e. Vet School).  If
there is a problem with keeping pigs with sheep, she ought to know.  I will
let you know what she says, but I haven't heard of any problems.  Please
let me know what you find out.
Cathy Partridge
Moscow, Idaho