[Jacob-list] Horn Genetics

Susan Nielsen snielsen at orednet.org
Sat Jul 16 23:22:23 EDT 2005

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 Hobsickle at aol.com wrote:

> Ah--the technicalities I spoke of.

A question for the Technician: is it that the gene for "4 horns" is
dominant, or that the " polycerate gene" is dominant. I ask because,
as we know, sometimes we get a sheep with more than 4 horns. And
one wonders, what are the odds of a 6-horn condition, even if it
were poorly expressed, passing on in a mating of 4-horn ram/6-horn ewe?

Y'know, just to keep the answer from being too easy... ;-)

Susan
--
Susan Layne Nielsen, Shambles Workshops      	|"...Gently down the
Beavercreek, OR, USA -- snielsen at orednet.org  	|stream..." -- Anon.