[Jacob-list] cutting back at ISeeSpots Farm

Mary Hansson buffgeese at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 4 19:52:48 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I have finally figured out who I want most to keep in
the flock for my own hedonistic pleasure and
enjoyment.  Several breeders have been asking about
available stock.

I have brought in many different lines over the past
11 years, culled heavily, and basically worked to
build in good "Jacob" survival traits to the flock.

Ewe stock I am keeping are because of their personal
bond with me and not because of lineage or any other
factor.  I just HAVE to cut down and have had a goal
of 15 ewes and 2-3 rams for several years now!

Go to my web pageat www.iseespots.com and click on the
flock link for pedigrees, pictures, and information
about each adult in the flock (I think only 2 or 3 are
still missing their own page).

Rams---lineage, age, and personality are all factors
in who I keep.  Huntsberger and Culloden rams have ALL
been very mellow fellows.  I have been overwhelmingly
pleased with those personality genetics and hope that
passes on to all the male offspring!

Bliss, Heather, Janice, Dancer, Irma, Patch, Mia and
April all stay.  Rams---I want to keep are Merlin and
Andre most of all.  Just about any others would be up
for potential purchase.

I lost Freedom the day before we went on vacation---am
keeping her daughters.

Will keep Inga daughter, Bliss daughter, Orpah
daughter, probably Irma daughter and potentially
Janice daughter and Maybelline daughter.  All these
lambs have that incredible "presence" that Janine has
always talked about except the Orpah daughter.

Lambs around and available:  Sage has 2 nice ram lambs
(2 horned), Mabel has a questionable ram lamb, Miriam
has a cute 4-h ram lamb, Adah has nice 2-h ewe lamb
and small ram lamb (horns are different on this tiny
boy), Ava has nice 2-h ewe lamb.  These were all bred
to Carl (4-horned ram).  LOTS of 2-horned offspring
out of him even when put on 4-horned ewes.

Hunter's lambs:  Adonai has 2 great ram lambs (1 is
that 4-horned boy), Charity has nice ewe and ram lambs
(2-horned both), and Heather has a nice 2-horned ewe
lamb.

Lily was bred to Carl and has a cull ram lamb (twin
ewe lambs last year both with 4 horns).  Inga has a
cull ram lamb with a white eye patch (Those are not
sold as breeding stock at my place!).

Ewes that were open this year were Dancer, Marbles,
Ondra, Patch, ForgetMeNot, Mia, and Sylvia.  Marbles
has had nice ewe lambs in the past.  ForgetMeNot is
Patch's mother, and Sylvia has had something nice last
year I think as well as had a nice ewe her first year.
 Ondra is 3 years barren.  Dancer, Patch, and Mia were
yearlings.

Pia and Barbie both lost ram lambs (sire was Andre).
Both ram lambs died approximately 4-6 weeks of age of
various causes.

Don't I make my sheep sound wonderful?

Price is $200 with multiple discounts available.  Ram
lambs are $75.00 each as they are truly a gamble not
only for personality but also for horn development by
2 years of age.

Location is North Carolina Piedmont (Greensboro).

Mary Ellen Hansson, MEd, RD, LDN
ISeeSpots Farm
Jacob Sheep:  Lambs, adults, wool
www.iseespots.com