[Jacob-list] Re: Down sheep...

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Tue Jan 18 09:10:11 EST 2005

I've found a Southern State protein block for sheep that seems to be working well.  I'd much rather have the
nutritional tubs, but can't seem to get them around here (Clayton, Georgia area).  Sweetlyx does make a 100lb tub for
sheep that seems to be similar to the Blue Seal tub, but it keeps being backordered.  The SS protein block is much
softer than a salt/mineral block and even toothless Beulah manages to gum off a taste.

I've been feeding alfalfa pellets for about 10 years.  Our hay supply around here is so sporadic that I like having the
alfalfa pellets as a supplement when the hay quality is low. The kind I get is small pellets, about the size of rabbit
feed pellets.  As long as I mix it with some grain, I don't have any problem with them chocking on the pellets.  If I
feed it alone, some will gag on it.

Linda
http://www.PatchworkFibers.com
Registered Jacob Sheep & Angora Rabbits