[Jacob-list] Gurdy Run Mill

Mary Hansson buffgeese at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 11 12:11:51 EST 2005

Katrina and all,

They have processed my fleeces the last couple years for yarn and done an incredible job.  I really like them and their work.  Shearing day is hopefully 23rd February, so will be sending off much of this year's clip for roving from them.

Mary Ellen

Katrina & Dave <davekat at copper.net> wrote:
Hi listers-
We just got back some roving from Gurdy Run Mill in Halifax, PA...a family owned and operated mill that is an interesting visit.  John and Lydia and their 3 kids live tucked up in a really pretty area... I almost couldn't find it!
 But anyway, what was interesting to me was that they processed my mixed black and white wool by not mixing it throughly.  The 'grey'  is really a mix of lots of different shades...a really pretty option for those of us who get tired of sorting.    Why waste all the pretty shades of Jacob by mixing them into a plain grey?   I will try to post a pic on my website when I have time...

They have a website if you want to look them up.
-Katrina Lefever, whose belly is getting big with this little boy.    (Chicory Lane Flock)

Mary Ellen Hansson, MEd, RD, LDN
ISeeSpots Farm
Jacob Sheep:  Lambs, adults, wool
www.iseespots.com