[Jacob-list] Breeding question....

Neal and Louise Grose nlgrose at yadtel.net
Sun Feb 20 04:45:36 EST 2005

Seasonal sheep, such as Jacobs, cycle as the nights get longer. As far as I know,they cycle from August through mid-December. I know that I have read that shepherds that use coastal islands in Maine to run their sheep take the rams out to the island at the last of November. I like to hold the rams out here until the last week of October. 95% of the ewes then catch in four weeks. The older and heavier ewe lambs generally catch on the tail end of the breeding season in early December, the smaller ones do not.

Neal Grose