[Jacob-list] reference books

Neal and Louise Grose nlgrose at yadtel.net
Sat Feb 19 05:26:56 EST 2005

After pulling tons of calves in my life, sheep are really no big deal. You
would be surprised at how much room a dilated ewe has. (But please invest in
a box of OB gloves, it is better for you and the sheep.) In all honesty
though, one of the few assists that I have had in 15 years was a
longwoolXFinn ewe delivering quints. She tried to push two out at once. It
is amazing to see a ewe out in the pasture delicately picking her way
amongst five slimy, sneezing lambs and trying to clean all of them up. All
and all, I am just as happy with twins from the Jacobs. Leave the multiples
to the experts.

Neal Grose