[Jacob-list] Worst Lambing Event

Joy Thomas, SonRise Farm shepherdofspots at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 18 10:48:28 EST 2005

Another point - DON'T assume that the local large
animal vet will be able to help you in a crisis
situation.

My large animal vet has two vets. They are both
wonderful vets -- one grew up in the Midwest, is
familiar and comfortable with sheep issues.  The other
laughs and says, "If it has wool I'll come, but bring
out your books and be ready to tell me what YOU think
is wrong!"

One thing I'm certain of - in a crisis situation, most
shepherds will just shift into "autopilot", do what
must be done, and stress when it's over!

Joy

=====
Joyce M. Thomas
Son Rise Farm & Rabbitry, Creedmoor NC
Hand spun yarns, custom knit & triloom woven items
www.shepherdofspots.com