[Jacob-list] Worst Lambing Event

Robert May newjerseyjacobs at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 18 10:28:57 EST 2005

GOOD MORNING MELANIE, ET ALS...

MY POINT IN RAISING THE SUBJECT AS A "TOPIC" FOR THE
"LIST" WAS NOT TO SCARE ANY ONE, BUT HOPEFULLY PROVIDE
SOME ENCOURAGEMENT AND EDUCATE THE NEW SHEPHERDS OUT
THERE.

MY "WORST" LAMBING EXPERIENCES HAVE NOT BEEN WITH OUR
JACOBS, BUT WITH OTHER SHEEP BREEDS THAT WE
HAD...PRIOR TO DISCOVERING THE WONDERFUL "JACOB".

IN THE 10 YEARS THAT WE'VE BEEN RAISING JACOBS, WE'VE
PROBABLY HAD SOMETHING LIKE 200 LAMBS BORN, AND IF I
DIDN'T GENTLY TUG ON A 'BREECH LAMB' THE OTHER DAY
(JUST TWO LEGS STICKING OUT) I COULD SAY "ALL
UNASSISTED".

STILL FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE HAD SOME PROBLEMS, WE
CAN AGREE THAT THEY ARE "RARE" INSTANCES.  THE POINT
IS THAT, WE SHOULD ALL BE "READY" FOR LAMBING AND
PREPARED TO ASSIST IF AND WHEN NEEDED.

SO, ALL TAKE COMFORT OUT THERE IN KNOWING THAT YOUR
JACOB EWES WILL LIKELY DROP THEIR LAMBS, UNASSISTED.

REGARDS,
BOB MAY
SWAYZE INN FARM
HOPE, NJ.