[Jacob-list] Worst Lambing Event

Robert May newjerseyjacobs at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 18 10:22:42 EST 2005

GOOD MORNING JOY...GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOUR "WORST
LAMBING EXPERICNE" HAD A GOOD ENDING!  IMPORTANT
THING, AS YOU SAY, IS TO BE PREPARED AND DON'T
HESITATE TO INTERVENE WHEN YOU SENSE (OR THE EWE
OBVIOUSLY "TELLS" YOU THAT IT'S TIME TO ASSIST).

DEPENDING ON THE PERSONALITIES OF SOME OF OUR EWES,
I'VE OFTEN HAD TO PUT A HALTER ON THE EWE AND TIE HER
TO A GATE/FENCE/ETC., JUST TO BE ABLE TO "CHECK" HER.
OTHER EWES ARE SO GOOD NATURED AND "ACCEPTING", THAT I
CAN LIFT THEIR TAILS AND CHECK THEM WHILE THEY ARE
EATING.

REGARDS,
BOB MAY
SWAYZE INN FARM